- 1 Package of Golchin Large soup beans
- 2 medium onions - chopped
- 6 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions - chopped
- 1 large leek - chopped
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 sprig basil
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 pound spinach - washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 2 tablespoons dried or fresh mint
- salt to taste
Soak the beans in water for 4 hours or more.
Sauté the onion and the garlic in olive oil until golden.
Add beans and 6-8 cups of water.
Cook for about an hour.
Chop the herbs roughly, including some stems. Then add the scallions or leeks, chopped spinach, parsley, coriander, basil, dill, and the spices and cook until all of the beans are tender. Add rice, Sprinkle on the mint and add more cinnamon, if necessary.
Stir frequently during cooking, and add water if necessary.